Friday, June 24, 2011

Oh! The places you'll go.

I wouldn't say that I'm always looking for inspiration. That's because I don't like to say that I'm really ever looking for anything. Looking insinuates exerting a conscious effort which can end up putting me into a stressful situation, and that's not what inspiration is about at all. Inspiration should come easily.

Rather than looking for inspiration, I prefer to think that I am simply perpetually open to it. There are so many incredible people in this world and our prerogative is to take a little bit of perspective from everyone. Some of my most admired people who I can go on about for days on end include Buddha, Albert Einstein, Socrates - but today there is someone particular in mind who I'd like to dedicate a post to. His name is Theodor Seuss Geisel. Otherwise known as Dr. Seuss.

What I find so astounding about Dr. Seuss is not only his views on every day things, but his methodology of sharing them. He took some pretty powerful ideas and over time shared them via 46 timeless childrens books. Being able to relay such strong life lessons to little kids is truly a talent. Who hasn't heard "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."? Or "“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Good for kids, but enjoyable at any age because let's be serious - there's a little kid in all of us.

I've put together a few of my own personal favorites.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Go right ahead and share your thoughts in the little box below. I appreciate all feedback that you send my way!