Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon”


Alright - I know I'm not the only one who is kind of (really) excited about Winnie the Pooh the movie coming out on July 15th. Kudos to the person who decided to bring this classic back and into theaters. The world needs more genuine, old school cartoons. I'll drop a little knowledge in his honor. Pooh was born in 1924 as a character in a poem called "Teddy Bear" by A. A. Milne. By 1926 he had an entire book written about him and his buddies called Winnie-the-Pooh (what are the chances?).


When Milne died in 1953 his wife kept Pooh alive and gave him away to Walt Disney (in exchange for royalties), who released multiple animated productions beginning in 1966.

So he's been around for a while. A lot of us grew up with this little wise guy. Well, a lot of you grew up with him. As much as I love Winnie the Pooh, he was not the first bear I was introduced to. I grew up in Russia (and then in a very Russian setting when I came over to NY).  While you guys were hanging out with Pooh Bear, I was watching Vinni Puh (created by Soyuzmultfilm in 1969)... 
  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go right ahead and share your thoughts in the little box below. I appreciate all feedback that you send my way!