Monday, July 18, 2011

Southeastern Adventures.

Last week was spent in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. It was imperative that this week would be spent doing all things fun and relaxing being as it is my only week off from the summer internship which started in Mid-May. 

And relaxing it was. It began with a 12 hour road trip with my parents and little sister. Can't say this was the most relaxing part of my trip, but we brought snacks. Everything is better with snacks.




Fine dining was a highlight of the week. Restaurants visited include:




Approximately 2 miles away from our hotel there was a place called Boardwalk on the Beach with a lot of really unique attractions. An upside down building called Wonderworks, for example.



There were Ripley's attractions scattered all over. Including a Mirror Maze and a Haunted House.

Just when you think I've stopped talking about food... I must mention the fantastic Willy Wonka inspired candy store we visited (on multiple occasions).






Never got around to riding the Ferris Wheel, but it was absolutely a site to see. Definitely on the list of things to do for next time. (The cabins have AC)


An attraction I was super stoked about getting to see was Le Grande Cirque. The show itself was a little under 2 hours long. I could have watched for double the time.


& of course - Myrtle Beach's oldest and biggest attraction of all time is its beautiful shore and water.






On my first day back up in the Northeast, I visited the French Consulate in NYC. I am pleased to announce that I have completed the last step of planning my Parisian adventure & received my student visa.

More great times ahead - & I'm grateful for every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go right ahead and share your thoughts in the little box below. I appreciate all feedback that you send my way!