Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Namaste

Yoga and I had a very bland start to our relationship.

We began in the Summer of '10 when I decided I wanted to see what all the hoopla was about and take a class.

To be honest I wasn't really impressed. Yeah we were doing all those poses that I have heard so much about, but I didn't feel particularly rejuvinated. I was kind of bored actually. I noticed my body getting toned in all the right places, but I just was not crazy about it like I noticed some others in my class were.

I returned to college for my Junior year and then the summer time came about once again. So once again, I felt that I needed some sort of structured class to keep myself busy. I work full time so I was on a search for something relaxing yet physically stimulating.

I'm not sure what happened between last summer and this summer - but I experienced a total 180°

Now I look forward to the class that I once attended very nonchalantly. I have progressed immensely in the same amount of time that I showed very little improvement last summer. I've tried positions I thought only Yogis practicing for years could get into. So if you're starting out and are losing motivation - there's hope for you still.

Every week my instructor brings a new Vinyasa into class while simultaneously working on positions from previous classes. I'll be featuring some of my favorites on here. Starting today.


Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go right ahead and share your thoughts in the little box below. I appreciate all feedback that you send my way!