Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Paris by Day

My only obligation today was a short meeting with ISA in the morning. The rest of the day was spent wandering aimlessly around Paris. We started in the ISA office which is located directly across from the Notre Dame. From there we meandered (in every sense of the word) toward the Eiffel Tour.


Paris is divided into 20 districts (or arrondissements). We took THE most indirect route possible and walked all the way from district 5 to district 7. That may not seem like a while, so I found a map to give you a better idea:


Although I was tired I did not mind all the walking by any means. In fact, I preferred it. What better way to work off a lunch that looks like this...



The Eiffel Tower was gorgeous beyond words. I've heard people say that it looks ugly in real life when it isn't edited in pictures or lit up. Not in my opinion. I love the intricate structure of the building, but also the fact that it isn't flashy. It doesn't need to be bright or lit up. Its appeal is in its dull color and unique form that cannot be mistaken for anything else. 








Here are some things I saw along the way.


















This place is magical. If those pictures haven't convinced you, this one should do the trick.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Go right ahead and share your thoughts in the little box below. I appreciate all feedback that you send my way!